Chlorinator - Should It Be Full of Water?

tfandango

Jan 21, 2022
Norman, Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Dumb question from a newbie... I don't have any pucks in there since I'm using the TFP Liquid Chlorine method to good results so far. But I am planning to go on vacation for 2 weeks and planning to fill the chlorinator up with pucks while I'm gone to simplify for the house sitter.

I don't understand how this thing works, I thought it dribbles water through the dry pucks depending on how much I adjust the dial, but when I looked in there it is usually full of water, so I don't really get how the adjustment is supposed to work if it's always just full of water. Is this a dumb question haha?

thx.

I believe it ffeds water into the chamber through the flow control valve, then the water pushes out of the bottom through a check valve type setup. I would expect the chamber to be full all of the time as water will eventually migrate back up into the chamber. When I had my feeder, it was pretty much always full of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.