michaelmew

Feb 27, 2023
Carrollton, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! I have an inline chloronator for 3" pucks that I use from time to time to supplement my daily liquid chlorine upkeep when I want to add stabilizer. I use the pucks because I have a lot of them available for free. I run my pump on a low speed and low GPM almost exclusively. My question: Is there a minimum amount of water that needs to flow through the system in order to dissolve the pucks efficiently? I know they will dissolve eventually because they eventually dissolve. It just seems like it takes quite a while compared to other systems I've seen with just pucks. And, the design of the chloronator seems like it needs more gpm flow (head pressure) to operate efficiently. FWIW, the dial is at the top of the tube and it is never full of water when i open it.

Thanks!
michaelmew

Hello! I have an inline chloronator for 3" pucks that I use from time to time to supplement my daily liquid chlorine upkeep when I want to add stabilizer. I use the pucks because I have a lot of them available for free. I run my pump on a low speed and low GPM almost exclusively. My question: Is there a minimum amount of water that needs to flow through the system in order to dissolve the pucks efficiently? I know they will dissolve eventually because they eventually dissolve. It just seems like it takes quite a while compared to other systems I've seen with just pucks. And, the design of the chloronator seems like it needs more gpm flow (head pressure) to operate efficiently. FWIW, the dial is at the top of the tube and it is never full of water when i open it.

Thanks!
michaelmew
Get rid of the tab feeder (or just don't use it) and put the tablets into a floating chlorinator, your heat pump will thank you.
1690235581130.jpeg

Get rid of the tab feeder (or just don't use it) and put the tablets into a floating chlorinator, your heat pump will thank you.
View attachment 516719
Thanks for the response. Would you mind elaborating please? There is a check valve between the chloronator and heater and the heat pump is on the other side of the heater. Am i mistaken to think that will prevent the water from the chloronator from flowing back into those devices?
The advantage i can see with a floater is the constant exposure to water. Is there more to in than that?

-michaelmew

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.