Chlorinator flow switch replacement

carlb

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2013
I have an salt water pool, Omnilogic with chlorinator.

Getting a No Flow error message on my App.

Looking at a Harward Goldline Flow Switch for a replacement. However, the wire to the Omnilogic motherboard is Hardwired. no connection plug. Blue/white in one socket and Orange/white wiring in the socket next to it. Wires are plugged in the upper left part of the motherboard. Seems to be a simple ON/OFF switch.

Has anyone had this problem? I don't want to fry my motherboard by plugging in the wrong wires. Maybe do on Ohm (short) test with the wires until I get Zero Ohm short?

There is no polarity to a flow switch. It is a simple on/off switch.

Show us pics of the system you have and the flow switch connections.

A Hayward flow switch usually uses a telephone RJ style plug connection.

My Bad.... While I've been getting the NO Flow error for a week.... I looked at the wire bundle (a huge mess on the left side of the Box) and I was looking at a flow sensor wire from the filter pump. I retraced the Cell flow switch and Yes it is plugged in the a phone/ethernet type plug, to the motherboard.

Now I have a "T-Cell Cable/Sensor Open Chlorinator1" error. I suspect the El Cheapo Cell I bought is dead. No burn marks at the large Cell plug at the motherboard. Anything else I should consider.

Thanks for the fast response. Made me relook the issue.

As the Omnilogic ages (maintenance) seeing more issues. Similar to me collecting more Dr.s to visit.

Mine is 7 years old. What's the limit before buying a new system? Can I switch out to a different/better system?

Carl

While on the Subject: Any advice about Cell or system replacement for Hayward Salt Chlorinator? I've been using T-15 cells on a 10,500 gallon pool. Thinking I could run it at a lower percentage and get longer life out of it. Right/Wrong?

Now I have a "T-Cell Cable/Sensor Open Chlorinator1" error. I suspect the El Cheapo Cell I bought is dead. No burn marks at the large Cell plug at the motherboard. Anything else I should consider.

Check for blown fuses on the board.

Mine is 7 years old. What's the limit before buying a new system? Can I switch out to a different/better system?

The Hayward boards are repairable and replaceable. They are problematic.

Switching depends what equipment you have. Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

I prefer Pentair equipment.

While on the Subject: Any advice about Cell or system replacement for Hayward Salt Chlorinator? I've been using T-15 cells on a 10,500 gallon pool. Thinking I could run it at a lower percentage and get longer life out of it. Right/Wrong?

A genuine Hayward T-15 cell should be the best long term value.

Update.... After turning all Omnilogic panel circuit breakers off/on, I remembered some electronic devices have a backup battery or condenser ??? to keep Clock, memory running during power outage. I went to the house panel and shut off the Pool Panel CBs (total 100amp supply). Waited 30 mins, reboot and all errors are gone. I'm running the system in Super Chlorination mode for an hour and see what happens. I'll post up a Chlorinator Diagnostics (Crazy instant salt reading 65477ppm , Status/Avg Salt (another crazy 39768 ppm reading) Pix after 7 mins running the Super Chlor.

. Any ideas from all this? Sense/Dispense sending bogus data? We've had a lot of Rain this past week. Doesn't add up?

Thanks... Carl

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230505-141958.png
    Screenshot_20230505-141958.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230505-142003.png
    Screenshot_20230505-142003.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.