Chemical maintenance for a "weekend" home..

JefR

Gold Supporter
May 30, 2018
highland,ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello everyone, we are almost done with our pool build in the Phoenix,AZ area. It's a retirement home that we will visit every other weekend. My concerns are keeping up with the chemicals, especially during the summer months. It willl be a SWG pool/spa, pebble tec finish, if that matters. I was thinking of adding a intelliph/intellichem system in to help with the Ph. But I have read other posts on adding one of these and it seems people really like them or think they're a waste. So, would It be smarter to hire a pool service company to maintenance the pool? I currently have a pool here in Socal that I take care of, and the thought of paying someone to do what I can is :mad: but I don't want the pool to go south in between my visits. Sorry for the long post I truly do appreciate your thoughts and/or suggestions.

Your biggest issue is pH control. There are members that have had some luck with commercial pH probes and setting up their own acid dosing system. Technically the Intellichem does that, but the ORP portion for FC control will not work in Phoenix.

The pool will need quite a bit of acid the first year with curing plaster. A maintenance company will only visit weekly and that will not be sufficient for that issue.

You also want to plumb your fill water to a water softener..

Mknauss.....thanks for the quick reply....I did figure ph would be a issue thats why I was contemplating a acid dosing system....but if your opinion a weekly pool service won't be sufficient I guess I better get an acid dosing system up and running.....appreciate the water softener thought, I have read that as well I just have to figure out out to connect my fill water to my softener .... thank you

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.