Chemical help on intex pool

How sure of you are you of the level you started at? Pool store and test strips are worthless when it comes to CYA. I see you have the hth test kit, which is a bit better at the CYA test. I assume you tested with that, correct?

I'm curious to see if I should add a little more Dry Acid. I feel my Alkalinity has gone up a little. Pool is now 98% clear which I am happy about.
TC 5 (Last bleach add was 24 hours ago)
TA 140
pH 7.5
CYA 30
Stabilizer was added 4 days ago and the sock is completely empty.

According to the pool calculator, you should be shooting for 70-90+ TA, so keep easing it down. When that is set, go about adjusting the PH. The two are intertwined, so dont get ham-handed, just ease on into the right numbers. Fine tuning!

ob1quixote said:
According to the pool calculator, you should be shooting for 70-90+ TA, so keep easing it down. When that is set, go about adjusting the PH. The two are intertwined, so dont get ham-handed, just ease on into the right numbers. Fine tuning!
According to pool caculator my pH should be 7.5-7.8 which I am. It's the TA that is higher than it should be. It's not telling me to add anything for that since my pH is level. So should I leave it alone and it should go down on it's own? It went from 120-140 in 2 days from the last time I checked.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.