Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I've been in process of building a mobile cart (hand truck) with a Pentair CC75 and a Pentair 011056 pump, but this morning one of my old Jandy 1.0HP single speed pumps (its 13 years old I think) died so I'm going to replace that one with the Pentair 011056 pump that -was- going to go on the mobile cart.

So now I need a new VSP pump (110V, since it will plug into an outside AC outlet when in use), that will be on my hand truck (dolly) along with the CC75. Any thoughts? a 2.5-3HP VSP would be nice, as I would need it to move enough water for 36,000 gallons or so and mobile vacuuming. (This mobile cart (filter and pump) is something I'd only be using 1x per week (for 30 mins or so) and sometimes after my pool is shutdown in late Fall.

Someone on TFP (was it @Jimrahbe maybe? or @Newdude?) posted some really nice cheap VSP pump options awhile back (in Spring??) that were only around $500 or so. I'm likely to skip Jandy/Pentair as options. Cheaper models are fine because usage will be minimal.

Any points in the right direction? Thanks.

Yeah saw those... but can't do 220V, 110V is a must so it can plug into my outside AC outlet. :(

Yikes, that's so cheap I'd be worried about it blowing up the first time I use it. LOL Hmm let me clarify cheap.. something in the $400-800 range would be good, and one I don't risk frying the first time it runs, :)

011056 pump is 240V only. How were you going to use that?

Why do you need a VSP? If you can find a 1HP Hayward Superpump it will work fine.

011056 pump is 240V only. How were you going to use that?

Why do you need a VSP? If you can find a 1HP Hayward Superpump it will work fine.
I bought 4 of the 011056's all back on Fall of 2022. My memory was telling me they were all 110/220V but crud, you're right. Guess I wouldn't have been using that pump for my mobile cart anyways then. So good thing my old Jandy 1.0 single speed failed, now I have a use for the 011056 in the equipment pad area.

I don't "need" a VSP. I just "preferred" one especially if the pump was 2.5 or 3HP, I wanted the ability to slow the RPMs down a lot to save energy costs if I use it for a few weeks consecutively in late Fall.

I don’t think you are going to get 115volt with 2 plus HP. i Searched a decent amount for pumps and after 1.65 THP they seemed exclusively 230 volt. For limited use a single speed 1hp should be pretty efficient. Taking a 3 hp at low speed may be a little more efficient if U could find one but what are u really saving if it’s only for limited use as a 3 hp vs pump is more expensive. I put the $499 Pureline vs 1.5 hp on a super pump and it seems to be doing very well. the super pump does well with up to 10ft height and cleans a 32k gallon pool.
how far are u going to be from a 230 outlet? can an outdoor 50 foot marine cable reach to where u want to go . marine cables are Very waterproof. They are pricey.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@Bluedart Good info, I didn't realize that the higher HP pumps were typically 230V only. I guess I'll limit my search to VSPs or single speeds <1.5HP then. I suppose I could have an electrician add a 230V outside outlet but that's probably overkill for what I really need and a 1.5HP or less VSP should do the trick. Will keep looking around, some good info so far in this thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.