Cheap chlorine solution

techguy said:
The odd thing is that your pool looks great...
If the FC is too low for the CYA level, this does not mean a pool will be guaranteed to get algae or to be cloudy. It just means the risk or chances of that happening are higher. A pool can be naturally low in algae nutrients so may look fine, but one is taking a chance. The FC/CYA levels we recommend ensure that nearly any pool will remain clear of green and black algae and be properly disinfected regardless of nutrient level (phosphates and nitrates). The failure rate at these levels is less than 1 in 5000 (might be closer to 1 in 10000 given how many pool reports we now have).

As Clint Eastwood said in Dirty Harry, "... you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?"

techguy said:
Brushpup said:
chem geek said:
As Clint Eastwood said in Dirty Harry, "... you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?"

"Well.....do ya punk?" :mrgreen:

... and such is the reason I add enough bleach to my pool, very night, to stay clean. Just added 4PPM to my pool tonight.

Me too, and I never have CC issues. Ever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.