Charlotte Pipe 2-in compatible with pool Plumbing?

PierPool

Mar 7, 2024
Ohio
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi I have looked for threads on it but no luck. I am in the process of installing a DIY inground pool kit 20x50. I am getting all the supplies currently to start. I am looking for 2" PVC for my returns and water features. Everything I read says that DWV is a no go for inground pool Plumbing. I want to do it right the first time so my question is which route to take.

Top Pic is pipe you can get from Lowe's/home Depot. Other image is from a local supplier that deals with specifically pool/spa applications.

I am trying to figure out which pipe to get the supplier is significantly more expensive per ft so I was wondering where are you guys purchasing your pipe from and which route would you go. I need roughly 800-900ft of piping I believe since everything will have its own run.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
1000006935.png1000006936.png

Schedule 40 is Schedule 40. (y) Bell end doesn't need a coupler when using full pieces.

Google 'plumbing supply near me' and check with the places the actual plumbers use.

Reactions: dfwnoob
If the pipe has ASTM D 1785 on the pipe, it's suitable for pressure applications. A rating of ASTM D 2665 means non pressure applications and should not be used for pools.

A pipe can be dual rated ASTM D 1785 and ASTM D 2665, but it has to say ASTM D 1785 if it's going to be used for pressure.

The pipe should also be labeled NSF-PW (National Sanitation Foundation - Potable Water) and Schedule 40 PVC.

Schedule 40 is Schedule 40. (y) Bell end doesn't need a coupler when using full pieces.

Google 'plumbing supply near me' and check with the places the actual plumbers use.
Correct which I figured if I glue the coupling correctly it should matter bell end would just be cleaner but is it work an extra 2$ ft to have bell end and less fittings🤔. So I just to verify I can use home Depot pipe for the plumbing and there should not be any issues.

Note: ASTM D1785 is for pipe.

ASTM D1784 is the specification for the PVC material.

ASTM D2466 is the correct rating for the fittings.
According to the info on the 10ft sticks it's compliant with those listed specification. So I should be good to use them correct?1000006937.png

Reactions: Newdude
is it worth an extra 2$ ft to have bell end and less fittings
Not when the fittings cost less than the $20 per pipe. If it's all the have, or it's the same price, then go for it.
it's compliant with those listed specification.
2 Inch sch 40 is rated for 280 psi. It will say so on it, along with the certification #s. You're golden. (y)

Reactions: PierPool