jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
I am at 250 right now. Ideal is 350. I’m plaster with liquid chlorine right now but salt in summer.

It says 19 lbs to get it up 100. Is that right? Seems like a lot! Can someone check my math.

20k gallons.

Should I even bother bringing it up to ideal. I know in bottom range of recommended.

Thanks!

19lbs is right for pure calcium chloride to add 100 ppm CH in 20000 gallons of water.

If your fill water is low in CH, or you have to add very little fill water over the summer, then add the calcium.

My fill water is low in ch and I only add water once in a while with our climate.

Wow that seemed like a lot. I just wanted to double check. I appreciate it. 350 is fine right. The bottom of the ideal range but 250-275 is too low?

As you say, low CH fill water and little fill water so rain is filling your pool, with 0 CH. Keeping your CH at 350 or so will allow for lower TA and pH. That is best for your SWCG so you do not scale on the plates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.