Cement board and steel frame pool

Aleks

Jun 26, 2022
Toronto
Hello everyone. I’m planning on finishing our pool by myself as our budget does not allow for having someone finish the landscaping aspects of construction. Pool is in and surrounded by dirt right now.

I’m putting in the base for pavers. Some gravel is in and starting to level and tamp it down. Trying to wrap my head around a good way to instal the coping stone to the steel frame.

Am leaning towards the following two options.

Was told I could glue the coping stone to the steel frame. Others have advised it won’t work because metal is non-porous and won’t hold.

Another guy that does paver installs suggested not gluing at all as the pavers are heavy and won’t move. Not sure I’m on board with this idea. I will say I have seen His work and it is very impressive. I think he was referring to very large and heavy stones. I would prefer to secure the coping stones to the steel frame.

Screwing cement board to the steel frame and then maybe either gluing down the coping stone to the cement board or attaching coping stones with mortar. The cement board would provide an adhesive surface and create a flat surface for the coping stone to sit on aligning with the liner track.

Has anyone used one of these methods successfully?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.