CC measurement after Slamming my pool

May 2, 2013
South Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I hope someone experienced can assist me. My Taylor 2006 kit says once the FC measurement is completed then add 5 drops of R003. If the solution turnis pink then add R871 counting the drops until the solution becomes clear. Does the 5 drops of R003 apply equally if the FC is say 16 as it would if the test solution was say FC of 5. I'm concerned that the FC 16 test solution has more liquid in it than the FC 5 test solution has. Therefore the the larger test solution of FC 16 would dilute the 5 drops of R003 applied during the test. Would it effect the accuracy of the CC test?......Many thanks John

Jim thanks. Another quick question. If when you are doing the CC test and it goes clear, then about 4 seconds give or take it goes back to a very light pink, then it needs an additional drop to get the true CC reading. Correct? John

Hey John !!! When it turns clear, shut your brain off. Given enough time it goes pink again. Usually it’s a good chunk of time and you’ve already moved on, but I did have many times that it re-turned pink in what seemed like 5 seconds. Coulda been 30 if I was preoccupied but it felt like 5. Any who on any of the tests when you get your end point. It’s over. Whatever happens after that is moot. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.