Cartridge filter PSI

Oct 11, 2023
Calverton, NY
Hi, I have a StaRite3 S7M120 Filter with a Hayward 1hp pump. I am the second owner so I don’t know how old the cartridge is. But the filter says it was manufactured in 2019, so I assumed that’s the age of the cartridge. The PSI, when running seems a bit high. It runs around 25. When clean it, it runs around 20-21. I’ve used the spray filter cleaner and just using garden hose. The psi after cleaning is similar with each method. The flow seems low and I just went through and opening and I had to clean the filter multiple times (6-8). I had to clean the filter about once every weeks last year. Do I need a new filter?

Somewhat related question. My pump looks like there some air pockets when I look through the window, is that normal? Please see pic.

Thanks

IMG_8047.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at your poolmath log and your water chemistry may be the reason for your elevated filter pressure. Your FC should never be that low and you're CC is elevated. I suspect you have an share bloom happening. You should perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to confirm. If you fail that test, go into the SLAM Process.

Reactions: Newdude