Cartridge filter dirt blow back when vacuum

bill2471

Mar 11, 2024
NE OHIO
Last summer I upgraded to a quad cartridge filter system. Definitely did it's job. My issue is when I vacuum the pool floor, the dirt particles come right back into the pool from the return jets. The water looks great, but there is all this fine particle Crud on the bottom. So I hook up the vacuum, start sweeping, and then all that dirt comes right back after taking a joy ride through my pool plumbing system. Next thing I know my water looks cloudy and like junk. Any idea why, or more importantly, how to stop this from happening?

Hi Bill and welcome to TFP! :wave: I had that same problem when I first came to TFP many years ago and it had nothing to do with the filter itself. It was a chemistry issue - algae. Any chance you could post a full set of test results to confirm? We encourage owner testing with either a TF-Series (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C test kit. That would be a great place for us to start.

Also see ---- Pool Care Basics for more info.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

While waiting to open, fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info. This will assist us in providing you with help without the need to ask you each time.
See my signature and others for inspiration.

Also download and become familiar with PoolMath

Doing both of the above will help kick start your pool season.