Cartridge filter cleaning

Jun 4, 2013
How do you know when to or how often do you clean an AGP cartridge filter (not intex)? Brand new to this type of filter, we had a sand one last time. Pool was just put in and filling now, but I want to get ahead of the game on maintenance and know when to do things.

We recommend cleaning any type of filter when the pressure rises 20 to 25% above the clean pressure.

Have you already invested in one of the recommended test kits?

I have a cartridge filter. The filter gauge has two arrows. One points to the clean pressure and the other points to the pressure when I need to clean it. Also, if you have a spa or other water features, you’ll notice the flow decrease significantly when it is time to clean the filter.

I have a cartridge filter. The filter gauge has two arrows. One points to the clean pressure and the other points to the pressure when I need to clean it. Also, if you have a spa or other water features, you’ll notice the flow decrease significantly when it is time to clean the filter.
Are the lines 10psi apart? Because that is waiting way too long and not what we recommend.

ca6ba59c9c58e06b749411afb3b3a4ff.jpg

Your pressure is below the green line :scratch:

You know the idea was to turn the knob so the green is on the clean pressure, right? But waiting for the red line is too long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.