Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I have a new cartridge filter. I always add anti-freeze when closing pool. My question is, when I turn it on in the spring, will the anti-freeze that will be in the one suction line (skimmer) damage the cartridges in the filter ?

Can you run the filter without the cartridges while clearing the anti freeze from the suction line ?

Thanks
Rich

I have a new cartridge filter. I always add anti-freeze when closing pool. My question is, when I turn it on in the spring, will the anti-freeze that will be in the one suction line (skimmer) damage the cartridges in the filter ?

I assume you are using RV anti-freeze.

No, it will not damage your filter.
Can you run the filter without the cartridges while clearing the anti freeze from the suction line ?
Yes you can.

I blew my lines out this spring to remove most of it. It won't hurt anything but why add it if it's easy to get rid of, right ?

I plan on building a return fitting attachment that shoots to the grass and I'll let the pump clear the lines next spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.