Carpenter Bee Problem

Ttdoc

Jun 8, 2020
NJ
Presently I’m having an issue with a large amount of carpenter bees drinking from my above ground pool. At first it was just a few but as the summer progressed there are so many. The pool is constantly filled with them. They are not boring on my property I’m just the water source. Any suggestions on how to get them to move on? Next summer we will do preventative measure before we open. The males do not sting but the females do when provoked.I have two family members highly allergic so it’s an issue.

I had an issue in the past with wasps landing on my ladder and the water itself. I purchased a water fountain that I keep away from the pool now as an alternative water source. It solved the problem for me. Good luck.

My problem is wasps, so I use Skill-it algaecide. It changes the surface tension of the water so once they land on the surface they drown. Not sure if you want to try that with the bees.

I have heard about supplying with an alternate source of water, but have never tried it. Mosquitoes are a huge problem here, so the standing water I allow is the well-chlorinated pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.