Can't STOP The ALGAE - Please Help

July 7th my pool started looking grey for no reason. Started to take some steps to get it clear. Slowly progressed to worse. Started SLAM. No progress.Took out the ladder 7/14 (previously stored algae in back, however pretty clear this time). No difference the next morning. Yesterday afternoon, husband (reluctantly) did a deep clean to our sand filter. Woke up to clear water this morning 7/16 with just a patch of algae that I’m about to vacuum away.

Attachments

• 4C647D98-1C5C-46FE-B0D3-561DF17E0D08.jpeg
    4C647D98-1C5C-46FE-B0D3-561DF17E0D08.jpeg
    534.9 KB · Views: 5
Hi guys just following up from a few days back. Had managed to keep my FC elevated for several days in a row, and pool does look a bit better but still greenish and cloudy. My FC is now at around 13 with CYA at 90. This comes from a starting shock at around 30. I did let kids swim the last two days and they are still alive which is a positive. :) Do you think I am still battling algae here? Any advice? Thank you
IMG_3658.jpeg

Do you think I am still battling algae here? Any advice? Thank you
Yes, still algae. Please resume the SLAM and do not stop until you pass all 3 criteria to end the SLAM. It goes without saying, but now you have seen firsthand how quickly algae can come back if you do not kill it all. At a CYA of 90, your target FC level is 35 for the SLAM. Your current level is well under that.

Yes, still algae. Please resume the SLAM and do not stop until you pass all 3 criteria to end the SLAM. It goes without saying, but now you have seen firsthand how quickly algae can come back if you do not kill it all. At a CYA of 90, your target FC level is 35 for the SLAM. Your current level is well under that.
Ok I never did remove the stairs? Should I definitely do that?

Yes, stairs, skimmers, lights and drains are known for having areas of no/low circulation and can have hidden algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.