Can't reinstall nicheless light after new plaster

tjf

May 23, 2013
Boca Raton, FL USA
Hey everyone,

I have a 20k gallon inground gunite pool here in South Florida. Just had it resurfaced and it looks great. There's just one small problem.

I have a nicheless light (CMP Brilliant Wonders like in the image below) that I'm trying to install but the part that should screw into the fitting isn't quite long enough due to the new plaster. The white ring that you see there should screw right in, but it's just a bit too short to get a bite on the threads now with the new surface.

Is there some sort of extension I can get that doesn't look terrible -- or does anyone know if CMP makes something that may be a bit longer? (I plan to ask them tomorrow, they're closed right now.)

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks much!

TJF

CTM-30-5017__16797.1539023209.jpg

One option - if there is no extension - is to ask plaster company to chip out the area to seat it properly, then they can repair plaster to make it look good. Know that is a lot to do but something they should have done at the onset just as they did for your return jets, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.