cant hold chlorine.. pool company says high phosphates..help

Re: cant hold chlorine.. pool company says high phosphates..

wes8398 said:
1300 in water usage charges from your utility??? I filled a 110,000 gallon pool a few years ago with my hose(s) and my water bill was about $150 more than usual...

Also, "more is better" isn't necessarily the case here. You need to cut your CYA in about half, so only need to drain/refill about half your water.

No, not from a utility. It's is quite common to own a private well for you home water needs in the states. Often times such water is ladden with calcium and iron, which makes it a difficult task to fill a pool or avoid metal staining. The only other option for folks in this situation it to fill it from a pond (if avail.), or have it trucked in. To have 3-4k gals of pool water delivered is around $250-$400, depending on the area you live in and the distance from the water supply it is being trucked in from.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, you should count your blessings that you water supply is so cheap, I thought ours was cheap at around $170 for a 13K gal pool :wink: .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.