Can't get PH/TA level to stay down

I wasn't able to find any demo video's on YouTube for muriatic acid. There's one showing Sulphuric Acid having water added with virtually no effect but the acid looked impure to start off (dark brown color) so I can't be sure it's a good representation. I checked out a chemistry forum online and thought this post summed it up fairly well:

"......I also noticed in your post that you talked about adding water to an acid. PLEASE don't do that. ALWAYS add a concentrated acid to water and not the reverse. Many people underestimate the amount of heat generated when a concentrated acid is diluted, and if you're not careful you may wind up with a face full of concentrated acid. (As the water instantly boils and sprays the acid up in a steam explosion). Even if you're confident in what you're doing, it's always best to make it a habit to add the concentrated to the dilute."

I believe muriatic is less powerful than the sulfuric acid the poster was talking about, but it doesn't hurt to follow the same general guidelines.

Thanks for being positive and receptive to the caution.

Good evening!

I'm finally getting a handle on my PH level. I just ordered the TF100 and should have it soon. I'm currently using a Chlorine/PH test and PH is at 7.6 or under. I don't know my Alkalinity and I'm trying to hold out on my TF100 before going to a pool store for testing. I don't think I can get accurate PH need on pool calculator without knowing my Alkalinity. It was 129 last week and I've just been concentrating on lowering PH.......Any suggestions? Anyone......Anyone? Thanks I want to get PH to 7.2 obviously. Thanks

schreff2002 said:
Good evening.

Looking for advice on aerating........ph keeps going to 8.2 been through a lot of muriatic acid lowest was 7.2.

Looking for the best fountain to do the job. Thanks for any input.

Point the return on your pump up so that it breaks the surface of the water.

If you can rig up some PVC, you can create your own fountain near the side of your pool that should do the job.

Lastly, I've read of some people rigging up an air compressor to a weighted hose with holes (possibly a soaker hose?). This would be something you use during off hours, but I dunno that I would want to run a compressor that much myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.