Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Had a big rain event, which led to an algae outbreak. SLAMed. That was 2 and some weeks ago.
Went "blue" after about 4 days. Since then however its been various states of cloudy since. I've been dumping bleach in every night, pump running constantly. Nothing I do can clear this up. I can see my shallow end decently, but my deep end is hazy still. Its gotten better but still not perfect like it was before all this started.

FC-30 (read below)
PH 7.7 (with electronic tester)
TA-80
CH-70
CYA-60 (this was up to 90 until a week ago, had to do some water changes over the few weeks).
Salt -3000 (been holding off since SWG is off to get this where it needs to be)

Ive not done an OCLT or know exactly how high FC is. I normally stop after I confirm its at least 30. Been testing about every other day, especially this week. To me no sense in OCLT until its almost perfect which its far from.
Bleach is Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid for Swimming Pools, 1 Gallon - Walmart.com
Ive also used some Clorox labeled dichlor I had around. Besides a bag of salt after the water changes, Nothing else added.
Brushing partly about every other day. Did have some leaf litter in the deep end I pulled out the other day.

every day to every other day. Its not gone below 30. Im probably over bleaching adding as much as i have.
Been brushing.

Let's see a full set of test levels besides the PH which won't be accurate.
This was in my first post:
FC-30
PH 7.7 (with electronic tester)
TA-80
CH-70
CYA-60
Salt -3000 (been holding off since SWG is off to get this where it needs to be)

So for starters thers's no reason to hit 30 on the FC. Slam for 60 CYA is 24 and anything above that is just wasteful as it"ll burn off quick and make you think something is wrong. You need to make sure there isn't any organics sitting on the pool bottom as that will chew away on the FC when the algae should be the only thing consuming it. You also need to absolutely brush twice daily to get the algae unstuck from the all pool surfaces. If you have a robotic cleaner let it rock to help the situation. Stay the course and it'll turn the corner.

So for starters thers's no reason to hit 30 on the FC. Slam for 60 CYA is 24 and anything above that is just wasteful as it"ll burn off quick and make you think something is wrong. You need to make sure there isn't any organics sitting on the pool bottom as that will chew away on the FC when the algae should be the only thing consuming it. You also need to absolutely brush twice daily to get the algae unstuck from the all pool surfaces. If you have a robotic cleaner let it rock to help the situation. Stay the course and it'll turn the corner.
CYA was 90 (original post), so that high per the chart was warrented. FC was 28 this morning.

There was some debris on the bottom I got up but its a bit hard short of manually diving in and faceplanting into it to get it, as its almost too cloudy to see.

Also don't forget to brush light niches, skimmer box, weir door, remove any ladders and scrub those really well. Any little place that algae can be hiding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.