Can’t get accurate results on K-1776 salt test

Agree, that's what makes this forum great, clearing up the confusion! I'll stop at the first color change now and not strive for brick red. Brick red and salmon are different colors, and both can happen in the test. That is the cause for my confusion. I'll run the test again tonight and if I get both colors again ill take a pic of each and post for reference of all who read the thread.
Our bricks out here look pretty close to salmon. maybe it depends on if it’s wild caught or farmed. 😂. Either color is ok. Maybe take a video so we can see what happens after each drop.

Just to provide feedback, I had consistent results with letting the sample reach room temperature as right now my pool water is very cold.

Also with room temperature I was able to achieve a more salmon like color like in the YouTube video, but after the sample settled I did lose the color, sometimes I wish the speedstir didn’t turn off on its own so quickly.

Just to provide feedback, I had consistent results with letting the sample reach room temperature as right now my pool water is very cold.

Also with room temperature I was able to achieve a more salmon like color like in the YouTube video, but after the sample settled I did lose the color, sometimes I wish the speedstir didn’t turn off on its own so quickly.
You found a speedstir that turns off automatically?

Wait, what? 5mins, ok seriously mine has always turned off after like 30 seconds or so, I’ve had it for about 12 years and it’s always been like that.
That would be pretty annoying. I'm assuming it does that even with new batteries? I've only had mine for 2 years... but after 12 years maybe it's time for a new one. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.