Memde

May 28, 2023
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Help!! I’ve been working on opening my pool now for 3 weeks and I can’t clear up the water. I’ve done algaecide, SLAM, vacuumed, balanced all chemicals and still cloudy. I’ve done clarifier and floc with no results. What am I missing?!
My pool is a SWG inground 32000 gallon vinyl liner. Any advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3053.jpeg
    IMG_3053.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3052.jpeg
    IMG_3052.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 10
Welcome! It looks like your Poolmath app is linked to TFP, but there are no test results showing. Can you post a full set of water test results? Also be sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. It helps tremendously with replies.

Are you aware of the SLAM Process?

Welcome! It looks like your Poolmath app is linked to TFP, but there are no test results showing. Can you post a full set of water test results? Also be sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. It helps tremendously with replies.

Are you aware of the SLAM Process?
I just updated my test results from most recent test done this morning with my test strips. Per the test strip all reads normal/ok except my chlorine. It shows high but I did just shock the pool on Sunday.

Welcome to the forum!

You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.

Reactions: Memde
A couple red flags about your test results:
1 - Your CYA is much too high. When the CYA exceeds 90, it's extremely difficult to keep the FC elevated and therefore you are no where close to the proper FC SLAM level. Your best options is to exchange a good amount of water to lower the CYA. If you have any chlorine tabs in use, remove them. Also do not use any pool store bags of shock.
2 - Test strips are simply horrible. Those numbers are VERY broad ranges and nowhere accurate. You really need to obtain a reliable test kit to perform the SLAM and manage your water for the season. We recommend either the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit.

Reactions: Memde
Sorry, I’m trying to figure this out. Where can I purchase one of these test kits? Amazon? I looked and there a wide range of prices. Which one is recommended? Thank you!

I recommend the TF100 or TFPro from TFTestkits.net, that was linked from my post above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.