Can’t clear Aqua color

May 25, 2015
Marion, KY
I’ve been slamming for three days now and all my levels are good but CC. I have not passed the overnight test. Very strong smell of chlorine and my combined chlorine is staying at about 1.5. Pool was uncovered over the winter and was a dark green when we started. No debri, no rain, brushing daily, and sand filter working well with clean sand.

How do I lower CC and is that my problem?

FC-12.5 (just added 2 more gallon)
CC-1.5
PH-7.2
CYA- 40

- - - Updated - - -

ae5396e2-dc00-4285-b135-588ff4043c60
3b80328a-eb5f-410c-814e-dc28fdfa96c1

your FC was 12.5 before adding ? at your cya 40 your shock level is 16 and 19300 you need 1 gal 2 cups of 6 % or 97 oz of 8.5 % or 86 oz at 10 % chlorine using pool math what was FC when you checked PH as you may know over 10 FC ph test is not accurate

It help to know what % chlorine you added ok .

I added 2 gallons of 6% liquid bleach. PH level was greater than 8.2 when I started slam several days ago. I have added muratic acid to lower PH because I was not aware it would be in accurate. I have been testing FC level every 1-2 hours and adding based on Pool Math app instructions.

wilkj1 is correct, for your SLAM Process you need to keep the FC at 16 as much of the time as you can.

At his point I would stop the SLAM Process, let the FC get down below 10 and test and adjust pH to 7.2.

Then resume the SLAM Process. Once you start it again, don't test anything other than FC & CC.

The SLAM Process is done when you have:

- CC is 0.5 or lower;

- You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);

- The water is clear.

When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

Stopped slam, got PH to 7.2, restarted slam. Last night FC was 13 with CC of 1. This morning before sunrise, FC is 9 and CC is 2. Pool still aqua/cloudy. I guess I just keep slamming?? Going on a week now��.

At lunch free chlorine was at 6.5 and combined chlorine is at one. Still filtering fine with a little bit of sunshine today. Still very awkward and cloudy and cannot see past the first step. Added a gallon and a half of bleach to get back to slam level.
926aaa5d-dc60-4d40-88d3-474e1af01bd3

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.