Can you change Pentair microbrite to Jandy lights?

floridapoolfan

Bronze Supporter
Sep 17, 2019
Port Charlotte, FL
My pentair microbrites are all starting to die one by one. When I replace them all can I change them to the Jandy Hydrocool? They both screw into the 1.5 inch return fitting and they even list an option for RGBW pentair color series but wasn't sure if i was missing something? I have the intellicenter and use the app to make color changes, turn on/off, etc. Thanks in advance!

RGBW, P - SERIES 12W 100' CORD

ENGINEERED WITH NEW HYDROCOOL™ TECHNOLOGY TO PROVIDE LONG-LASTING PERFORMANCE.

SKU #JLU4C12W100P

The Jandy WaterColors Nicheless LED lights with HydroCool™ technology use an innovative, energy-efficient design that harnesses the cooling power of water to create a cooler running, longer lasting* light. Designed to fit in a standard 1-1/2" return fitting, these lights are smaller to accommodate complex pool designs, and operate at lower wattages, while providing the same brilliant illumination as previous models.
*Based on internal testing
Read more

Inground Pool Light: Jandy HydroCool Light | Jandy
4 1/2" Long or 5 1/2" Long Dimensions
6W12W24WWattage
50 ft.100 ft.150 ft.Cord Length
RGBW Pentair Color Series

I'm considering the same course of action. Pentair MicroBrites have lousy reliability and service life. I have 5 lights in my pool and have needed 6 replacements (under warranty) within the past 3 years.

Was wondering this myself. I have the globrites but was wondering if the microbrite adapter would work with the Jandy lights. All 4 globrites are now dead, so I am looking for replacements.

--Jeff

Globrites can be changed to the jandy nichless leds. The 12watt version fits almost exactly the same but they all will fit. Just thread them in a few turns. On the adapter I am going to guess they Probly will work. However bother company is giving me a yes or no answer. Even my reps who I've known for over 10 years. Lol. Crazy right.

My pentair microbrites are all starting to die one by one. When I replace them all can I change them to the Jandy Hydrocool? They both screw into the 1.5 inch return fitting and they even list an option for RGBW pentair color series but wasn't sure if i was missing something? I have the intellicenter and use the app to make color changes, turn on/off, etc. Thanks in advance!

RGBW, P - SERIES 12W 100' CORD

ENGINEERED WITH NEW HYDROCOOL™ TECHNOLOGY TO PROVIDE LONG-LASTING PERFORMANCE.

SKU #JLU4C12W100P

The Jandy WaterColors Nicheless LED lights with HydroCool™ technology use an innovative, energy-efficient design that harnesses the cooling power of water to create a cooler running, longer lasting* light. Designed to fit in a standard 1-1/2" return fitting, these lights are smaller to accommodate complex pool designs, and operate at lower wattages, while providing the same brilliant illumination as previous models.
*Based on internal testing
Read more

Inground Pool Light: Jandy HydroCool Light | Jandy
4 1/2" Long or 5 1/2" Long Dimensions
6W12W24WWattage
50 ft.100 ft.150 ft.Cord Length
RGBW Pentair Color Series
Usually the microbrite adapter can just be taken out and the jandy should fit right into the normal 1.5" niche. Almost every microbrite I've seen was a globrite niche with an adapter. So if you have microbrites already chances are the adapter is there as well and can be taken out. The jandy lights just thread in a few turns. The globrites do more of a quarter turn lock. I have done several p series and regular jandy hydrocool (white) led lights in globrite niches successfully every time. The people at my supply house even thought I was crazy. But they absolutely work. P series refers more to the colors and sync to Pentair automation. The led lights themselves are all very similar size. I have used the the 12watt and the size up with no trouble.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.