Can water chemistry affect pool plaster ?

The weight of the water helps hold the pool in the ground. Drained pools have popped out of the ground due to pressure of the ground water.

We have a water exchange process that can exchange pool water for fresh water without draining.

Read...

Makes sense, thank you. So my pool water is 78F and fill water is 75F, not that much difference. Where do you recommend the sump pump be (deep or shallow) and the fill water be (deep or shallow) ? It will be raining here over the next couple of days, so I imagine the pool temp will drop a few degrees.

Makes sense, thank you. So my pool water is 78F and fill water is 75F, not that much difference. Where do you recommend the sump pump be (deep or shallow) and the fill water be (deep or shallow) ?

I let @mknauss explain that. He has the complexities down solid.

As your pool water chemistry is pretty benign (low CH, no direct salt addition) I would base it on the water temperatures. So add water to the deep end and pull off the surface (shallowest step is good).

Your efficiency will not be great so go at least 10% over volume during the exchange.

Reactions: JcSparky
For those asking about possible pool leak, according to attached photos showing a 24 difference, it doesn't appear that I have a leak. Auto fill was turned off during this time as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210411_161230752_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210411_161230752_HDR.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210412_161641248_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210412_161641248_HDR.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 15
As your pool water chemistry is pretty benign (low CH, no direct salt addition) I would base it on the water temperatures. So add water to the deep end and pull off the surface (shallowest step is good).

Your efficiency will not be great so go at least 10% over volume during the exchange.
Thank you. I will attempt a pool water exchange over this week following the previously stated guidelines.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How long ago did you get the TF-100 and how old are those reagents?

I just learned the hard way that reagents do go bad and will give poor results if not replaced regularly.

Possibly tetraborate, but it would not be enough to offset the acidity.

Based on a CYA of 260, the TA would have dropped by about 300 ppm.

Even if the tabs were 50% tetraborate, the TA would still be down by 140 ppm.

Back on the possible "bad plaster job", look at the original photo and look at the plaster and the glass tile. That was not done at an expert level. I would say they is a possibility that this is a combination issue.

How long ago did you get the TF-100 and how old are those reagents?

I just learned the hard way that reagents do go bad and will give poor results if not replaced regularly.
I was wondering when someone was going to ask that question. They are a year old and will replenish soon. I was thinking this could be causing my numbers to be wacky.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.