Can/should I use a Dolphin Triton in an above ground pool?

Brannon132

Platinum Supporter
May 5, 2015
Enumclaw, Wa
Hey there,

I am in the market for a new cleaner for my 15x30 metal sided above ground pool. I need something that can pick up a few leaves as well as fine dirt and debris from the bottom and if it brushes the floor and walls that would be a bonus. I called maytronics about there dolphin nautilus $699 and they said they couldn't recommend using one of their cleaners on the side of an above ground pool so they suggested that I go with a dolphin triton plus because if its to rough on the walls you can select the quick clean feature that only scrubs the floor at a price of $999.00 and it also does cool things like its programmable and you can keep it in the pool on a schedule which is pretty cool since i work a lot and my wife takes the brunt of the pool care.

Does this sound correct?
Does anyone use a nautilus/dolphin on the sides of their above ground pool?
Does anyone leave the cleaner in their pool on a schedule?

I am also open to any other suggestions, I am kinda off aquabot after looking at the reviews.

Thanks, Brannon

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.