Can I use my spa with low calcium hardness

Jul 28, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Hi all,

my tap water is relatively balances, except the Calcium Hardness, which is low , probably around 60

The electrician has finishes hooking everything up, and I will start adding water now!

I can only get to the pool store on the weekend to get the product to up the hardness

Can I add my dichlor now, and start using the tub, then up the hardness over the weekend?

is there any danger?

No danger in low CH. Raise it above 100 when you can.

You doing an Ahh-some cleaning on your new spa? Spas have manufacturing chemicals and stale water from testing when new. A good clean out is recommended.

It is well thought of here. A Search will find reports of how well it worked on new spas.

Yeah... when they build these tubs they wet test them. Then if they pass they're drained and water is often still wet in the plumbing. This sets it up for bacteria and algae to sit and mellow....

Using Ahh-some (Google it) will clear out biofilms of ick and let you start out fresh and clean. You can buy it from tftestkits.net

I've also been using bits of it in my washing machine and dishwasher! <win win>

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.