Can I see photos of your glass tile step markers?

MommaJ

Bronze Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Palm Bay
Hello!

I need to pick a tile to use for the step markers in my pool. I do not know for sure what color my plaster will be but it's a Florida Stucco Gem Finish. All my finishes as far as stone, tile and pavers are in very natural-neutral colors so the step markers will be my only bling. And I have pretty, curvy steps that I want to highlight

My favorites are NPT Arctic Ice and Arctic Lagoon.
My PB is partial to Luv Tile Turquoise 1x2.

Also trying to decide between a double row of 1"x1" or single of 1"x2"

So show me what what you have done! I live Lightstream tile but it is not in the budget and I don't think I could get it quickly enough anyway.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to use NPT Lightwaves tile for my step markers. My tile crew starts on Wed, so I need to have it nailed down in the next day or so. My steps are curved, so I'm most likely going to use a double row of 1x1 tile, although I think the 1x2 tiles look nice. I just haven't seen how 1x2 tiles look on curved steps.

I love your pool design! The NPT Arctic glasses are at the top of my favorites list. I also love how Will's trim glass came out. So many gorgeous tiles! I don't envy you having to choose.

I love my shell beach trim from Lightstreams. I wish I had bought less of the Peacock and more of the shell beach. I had no idea how great they would look on my sunshelf. I would have loved to use them on my steps. I'm a nut for a variety of colors. I never can choose what I like best, so these are perfect. I love swimming up and seeing each 'shell' and enjoying all the different colors and patterns. They sparkle like no other glass tile. My tile guy placed them individually, so they went a little further. They can be placed any way you like - curvy like waves on a beach, straight line, whatever. My thoughts on the shell beach glass: if you want a trim to pop at a distance, go with something else. If you have many places to trim, the cost may be a factor. They are more of a 'fun', casual look, rather than a more classic look. I hope this helps!

Trim on my Sunshelf. My photos do not do them justice.

I love your pool design! The NPT Arctic glasses are at the top of my favorites list. I also love how Will's trim glass came out. So many gorgeous tiles! I don't envy you having to choose.

I love my shell beach trim from Lightstreams. I wish I had bought less of the Peacock and more of the shell beach. I had no idea how great they would look on my sunshelf. I would have loved to use them on my steps. I'm a nut for a variety of colors. I never can choose what I like best, so these are perfect. I love swimming up and seeing each 'shell' and enjoying all the different colors and patterns. They sparkle like no other glass tile. My tile guy placed them individually, so they went a little further. They can be placed any way you like - curvy like waves on a beach, straight line, whatever. My thoughts on the shell beach glass: if you want a trim to pop at a distance, go with something else. If you have many places to trim, the cost may be a factor. They are more of a 'fun', casual look, rather than a more classic look. I hope this helps!

Trim on my Sunshelf. My photos do not do them justice.

I LOVE your shell beach trim!! ❤️❤️❤️

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.