Can I drain my hot tub for an extended period of time?

Feb 27, 2015
Grand Rapids MI
I am in the process of selling my hot tub to a close friend, but they will not be able to take it for 2 months (patio being built). I would like to shut it off and drain it for the next 2 months until he's ready for it, but am not sure if that will mess things up for him in the future. Does anyone drain theirs and shut it off for extended periods of time (summer for example) and what should I consider if I do that? Just looking for some general advice here. Thanks!

I 'summerized' my hot tub every year when nobody wanted to sit in hot water. I drained it and sucked / blew the lines with my shop vac. You'll never get it all but you can get most of it.

Have your buddy purge with Ahhsome to get the ickies that festered when it was empty.

I am in the process of selling my hot tub to a close friend, but they will not be able to take it for 2 months (patio being built). I would like to shut it off and drain it for the next 2 months until he's ready for it, but am not sure if that will mess things up for him in the future. Does anyone drain theirs and shut it off for extended periods of time (summer for example) and what should I consider if I do that? Just looking for some general advice here. Thanks!
Be sure the pump is empty of all water by blowing out the lines (ShopVac?).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.