Pittsburgh, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
I think my pool was built in about 1980, and it has some kind of metal coping. I noticed the other day that some of the seal between the flagstone and the coping is gone. I’m guessing I don’t want water getting down there and freezing/thawing all winter. Can I just re-caulk the parts that have come up? Or is there some other special something I should put there? In my search, most of the pictures and posts were for concrete or stone coping.
IMG_1132.jpegIMG_1131.jpeg

In 2018 I had my expansion joint redone. I found some old pictures of the product and them applying it.
Hope this helps
IMG_1281.JPGIMG_1279.JPGIMG_1277.JPG

Reactions: BodeFamily
I think my pool was built in about 1980, and it has some kind of metal coping. I noticed the other day that some of the seal between the flagstone and the coping is gone. I’m guessing I don’t want water getting down there and freezing/thawing all winter. Can I just re-caulk the parts that have come up? Or is there some other special something I should put there? In my search, most of the pictures and posts were for concrete or stone coping.
View attachment 533076View attachment 533077
Would need to put some poly-foam (pool noodle) type material in the gap to keep any sealant from just falling into the void.

Along with using some backer rod (foam) to help fill in the gap You also want to use the correct caulking which is usually a flexible polyurethane sealant - quickrete makes some. There’s several brands.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.