Nickib

Jun 23, 2021
Pittsburgh PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, I got this pump for this pool. I need to find some kind of “sleeve” to attach the hose through my little pool wall. Any ideas what this is called or where to get it? Pic #1 is MY pool, pic #2 is new pump. Pic #3 is the connector which is being shown on A DIFFERENT POOL - not mine! The hoses that came with the pool attach just fine to new pump. I want to use a vacuum attachment but no way to connect it to new pump. Current hose has two parts - collar and inside pool. That’s it. Accessory which came with new pump (pic #4) needs something to attach to. I sure hope this makes sense! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpeg
    IMG_1299.jpeg
    874.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1357.png
    IMG_1357.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1356.jpeg
    IMG_1356.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1337.jpeg
    IMG_1337.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 25
All I have is a hole - is that a wall penetration? Picture for reference only - it’s same pool that leaked so it’s empty. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 5
Assuming the part you seek is the one in photo #4, the only way that I have found to buy that piece is part of a set like this one. This isn't the only option out there, just the first one I could find. If you keep looking, you'll likely find a less expensive option. That said, this part is supposed to be used as part of the water return jet, not the intake. See this illustration where your part is shown in the upper left side as part of a water return jet for the smaller Intex Easy Set pool.

That aside, there are a couple ways you can connect your intake hose to the pool.

Option #1
The intex way simply requires that you connect your hose directly to the intake sleeve and secure it with a plastic clamp that came with the pump.

Option #2
Alternatively, you could attach a valved connector like this one to the intake sleeve on the outside of the pool, then attach the hose to the valved connector. This has the added benefit of allowing you to cut the water to the hose should you need to do some maintenance. Again, there are several versions of this connector available so shop around.

Bonus feedback - The precut hole in your reply above is the opening where a larger water return jet goes. The return jet looks like this and typically comes with the larger Intex pools. Unlike my examples above, these parts don't leverage a pre-existing sleeve. Rather, they simply insert into the hole and leverage compression to secure the return jet to the wall of the pool.

Assuming the part you seek is the one in photo #4, the only way that I have found to buy that piece is part of a set like this one. This isn't the only option out there, just the first one I could find. If you keep looking, you'll likely find a less expensive option. That said, this part is supposed to be used as part of the water return jet, not the intake. See this illustration where your part is shown in the upper left side as part of a water return jet for the smaller Intex Easy Set pool.

That aside, there are a couple ways you can connect your intake hose to the pool.

Option #1
The intex way simply requires that you connect your hose directly to the intake sleeve and secure it with a plastic clamp that came with the pump.

Option #2
Alternatively, you could attach a valved connector like this one to the intake sleeve on the outside of the pool, then attach the hose to the valved connector. This has the added benefit of allowing you to cut the water to the hose should you need to do some maintenance. Again, there are several versions of this connector available so shop around.

Bonus feedback - The precut hole in your reply above is the opening where a larger water return jet goes. The return jet looks like this and typically comes with the larger Intex pools. Unlike my examples above, these parts don't leverage a pre-existing sleeve. Rather, they simply insert into the hole and leverage compression to secure the return jet to the wall of the pool.
Wow - that is some great info! Thanks. So it sounds like where I have the intake is where the return should go? The accessory kit that came with the pump actually has the parts link #1 shows. Thank you again. I know there is a way to do this - I just have to keep researching - but you’ve been a big help!

Wow - that is some great info! Thanks. So it sounds like where I have the intake is where the return should go? The accessory kit that came with the pump actually has the parts link #1 shows. Thank you again. I know there is a way to do this - I just have to keep researching - but you’ve been a big help!
Yea, it can be a bit confusing. The smaller pools generally have fewer options available. I just happen to have owned an Easy Set pool myself. We used it for one summer and I got bit by the upgrade bug.

Reactions: Nickib
Yea, it can be a bit confusing. The smaller pools generally have fewer options available. I just happen to have owned an Easy Set pool myself. We used it for one summer and I got bit by the upgrade bug.
What did you upgrade to? We had a 12x12 “deck” platform built to level the ground so between that and not wanting to get permits, fence, etc by township we’re limited. Yes I have the “I just want to relax and float to get a tan” and also stay cool in the humid PA summers bug!

I currently have a 12' x 30" Intex Prism Frame pool. It's the largest pool I can buy without the need for a permit in my area (NorCal).
I’m thinking the next pool will be either that exact pool or the 10’x30” which is plenty for my purposes and same no permit or fence required. I would assume in NorCal you leave yours up year round?

I’m thinking the next pool will be either that exact pool or the 10’x30” which is plenty for my purposes and same no permit or fence required. I would assume in NorCal you leave yours up year round?
I've not yet left my pool up through a winter. Last summer, my liner had a (self-induced) leak that I could never track down. Ultimately, I had to take the pool down and replace the liner. My new liner is working perfectly so far. Now, if I could just sort out this Darn sediment issue...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.