Can anyone help me identify this part in my pool?

lkk29572

Jan 7, 2024
Myrtle Beach, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey everyone!!
I’m a first time pool owner and this pool came with our house (so we did not place it).
See the pictures attached. On the edge of our pool is this hole. We can’t figure out what it is. It isn’t a return as no water/air is going in or out of it when the filter is running. It is simply a hole with a pipe in it that is uncovered. Does anyone have any guesses or thoughts?
Our pool is a salt water and 12 by 25 feet. This is on the 25 foot side.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpeg
    IMG_0186.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 21
Probably was for a pressure or suction side vacuum. The pin inside the pipe looks like a lock-on lug for a cleaning hose. Does it go anywhere to the equipment pad? Of not, perhaps it was abandoned during a previous issue.

Are there any pipes going back to the equipment pad that has a valve in the off position? I suspect it is a connection for either a pressure or suction side cleaner. Hopefully someone might have the same.

Reactions: lkk29572
Thanks everyone! I’m not seeing anything in our system that is “turned off”. But here is our system set up. Please let me know if you see anything because we are at a loss :)
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpeg
    IMG_0232.jpeg
    691.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0233.jpeg
    IMG_0233.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0235.jpeg
    IMG_0235.jpeg
    741.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0234.jpeg
    IMG_0234.jpeg
    580.3 KB · Views: 6
It's a dedicated vacuum port possibly for a polaris pressure side cleaner. You may have a separate pressure pump on the equipment pad. Post some pictures from the equipment .....
Hey! Thanks! I just posted some pics. Please let me know if you see anything that looks like it goes to this. Appreciate all the help!

Are there any pipes going back to the equipment pad that has a valve in the off position? I suspect it is a connection for either a pressure or suction side cleaner. Hopefully someone might have the same.
I don’t see anything in the off position on our equipment. I just posted some pictures of the equipment. Please let me know if you see anything. I appreciate all the help!

Probably was for a pressure or suction side vacuum. The pin inside the pipe looks like a lock-on lug for a cleaning hose. Does it go anywhere to the equipment pad? Of not, perhaps it was abandoned during a previous issue.
Thanks for the reply! It seems this is a common thought. I don’t see anything on my equipment pad but I did just post some pictures if you want to take a look. I appreciate all the help! Maybe it was just abandoned. If so- I should probably figure a way to cap it :) thanks!