Calcium nodules after pool replaster

Did they remove all plaster down to gunite? I DON'T KNOW. I WOULD LIKE TO THINK SO. ISN'T THAT THE NORMAL PROCEDURE?
It does not look like they went down to gunite, but you would need to ask them what they did and you would need to look at the contract to see what was agreed to.
Did they use a bond coat before replaster. I DO NOT KNOW. THERE WAS NEVER ANY MENTION OF THIS TO ME. I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT REPLASTERING AND DEPENDED ON THIS REPUTABLE COMPANY TO DO THE RIGHT THING. I AM THINKING THEY DID NOT BECAUSE THEY NEVER DISCUSSED THIS WITH ME.
Ask them if they used a bond coat and see if the contract addresses the issue.

The plaster looks blotchy and uneven, but I cannot tell from pictures what the problems are.

You will probably need a local expert who can come onsite to examine the plaster directly and do some tests to determine if you have delaminations/bond failure.

Does your pool have a spa attached to the pool? Would you be willing to remove a small chunk of plaster so that it can be analyzed for material defects? Are you willing to pursue this? This plaster job may be defective.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.