Hudsonville, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here are my numbers:

FC - 3.0
CYA - below 30 (in process of adding/dissolving)
PH - 7.6
TA - 200
Calcium - 180
33.000 gallon plaster pool.
Questions:
1. my alkalinity always seems to run around 200 but ph doesn’t shift too easily so is that a problem? Should I lower it?
2, Calcium is testing low (Taylor kit) at 180, there are various opinions on what this level should be at. I guess I am aiming for 250. If I am wanting to raise it, there are also varying opinions on pouring the calcium chloride in powder form directly to the water or not. I purchased (2) 12 pound buckets which seems like a lot and I’m just wondering about if it is wise to pour this all into my pool?

Since your TA is a bit elevated, I would shoot for the CH goal of 250. In time you're TA may start to fall, so having a CH of 250 is good for now. Also by sure to use the PoolMath APP and look for the CSI feature which helps give you an idea of the water balance for plaster health. A slightly negative CSI is ideal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.