Calcium build up related to high water temps?

Frank in FL

Jul 3, 2019
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
It's been blazing hot here in Fl last few weeks. Heat index pushing 110 and this is causing water temps to hover around 91 deg.
Does high water temps cause calcium to build up faster on your salt cell? If so, do I need to drop the PH below 7.4?
If not, then what else would cause a salt cell to accumulate buildup on it if your chemicals are balanced?
The attached picture is what is starting to form on the top of the cells about 2 weeks from when I last cleaned it.
Ph 7.4
Salt 3200
Alk 80
CYA 60
Calcium 450
Water temp 89-91°

Attachments

• IMG_5195.jpeg
    IMG_5195.jpeg
    441.4 KB · Views: 6
Just lower the pH to 7.2 when it gets up to 7.6 or so.

Just let TA come down. No lower than 50 ppm.

Are you getting scale flakes out of the returns?

Just lower the pH to 7.2 when it gets up to 7.6 or so.

Just let TA come down. No lower than 50 ppm.

Are you getting scale flakes out of the returns?
I have not noticed any scale flakes coming out of the returns or laying on the bottom of the pool.

Does your CSI ever go above 0.0?
It has last year, but this season I made it a point to try and keep it in the negative to help with the calcium build up. Last year I always waited until my pH got to 7.8 or above before I added acid to the pool. This season I test the water every two days ( or right after a bunch of kids are playing in it) for PH and once it gets to about 7.6 I'm dropping it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.