Cal Hypo Question

OK after maintaing a FC 12 for over a week I decided to check it last night and I read FC 10. Awoke this morning and checked again and reading was exactly the same at FC 10 no CC.
Water looks great. Yesterday I was able to get in the pool (warm) and vacuum floors/walls, clean filter and change the sock over my skimmmer basket....floor looked great and this morning the pesky dead algea is all over the floor.

This morning test:
FC 10
CC 0
CYA 60
TA 120
PH 7.5
CH 110

My brother who lives on Cape Hatteras takes care of pools and spa's and has never had to deal with my issue before. My filter just does not filter this stuff so, my question is (And Please dont yell at me) is Flocking my only way out of this mess? I am pulling my hair out...........please advise[attachment=0:2yfjpgqa]resize.jpg[/attachment:2yfjpgqa]

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 21
I haven't been following along, but from what I see here floc can't possibly help. Floc is designed to get particles that are suspended in the water to clump together and fall to the floor. Your water is clear and your "dead algae" is already falling to the floor, so I don't see how floc would help.

I see two possibilities. Either you filter is damaged, and every time you vacuum stuff up it ends up back in the pool, or there is new stuff constantly accumulating. If the filter was damaged I wouldn't expect the water to be that clear. If your CYA is really anywhere near 60, that isn't dead algae. So my guess is your "dead algae" is actually pollen that is constantly falling into the pool. If I am correct, there is nothing to do about it other than to vacuum it up and wait for the pollen season to end.

jason thanks, I have been using three different filters changing them out each time, so for sure rule out damaged filter. I can see where pollen could be fallen in the pool daily so I will run with that and see what happens over the next month or so. I am no expert on this stuff but you mentioned if my CYA is really near 60 then it isnt dead algea......what is the thought process behind this? I know I lost no FC over night so no live algea seems to exist.....I guess I could see where some might think they have dead algea where its actually pollen.......great post, thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.