Cal Hypo Pucks

mikesig83

Jun 21, 2012
DFW, TX
Hello all,

I'm curious to see if anyone uses Cal Hypo pucks as a solution to chlorinating the water when they are out of town and can't manually add bleach for a few days. If you use them do you use a floater or a stick them in the skimmer baskets? The bucket I bought says to use the skimmer basket.

Thank you

CalHypo pucks, at least in the past, are intended for septic treatment....not pools. They are reported to make a gooey mess if you use them in a pool.

This Blue Sparkle product may be something new.

EDIT: I just read the customer reviews on WalMart's website.......Bogus. Bogus, Bogus. The product may or may not be good but the reviews appear all fake.

CalHypo pucks, at least in the past, are intended for septic treatment....not pools. They are reported to make a gooey mess if you use them in a pool.

This Blue Sparkle product may be something new.

EDIT: I just read the customer reviews on WalMart's website.......Bogus. Bogus, Bogus. The product may or may not be good but the reviews appear all fake.

Thanks. They definitely leave behind a film in the skimmer (I've been watching my buddies pool and it's nasty).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.