New Hampshire
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We are getting a communication error on our Hayward Prologic Aqua Plus System causing nothing to work (Pump, salt system etc. ). I followed the troubleshooting video with a multimeter and the I believe the transformer is bad. It's under warranty and a tech is coming next Friday. In the meantime how do I keep my pool clean? Can I bypass the Prologic system to make my pump work and if so, how?

Another option is that I have a portable generator with correct plug and ratings. Can I plug the pump right into that to run the pump for a few hours and not hurt the rest of the system?

Attachments

• IMG_1673.jpeg
    IMG_1673.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1672.jpeg
    IMG_1672.jpeg
    830.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1675.jpeg
    IMG_1675.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 10
If you are comfortable doing electrical work you can open up the panel and remove the wires from the filter pump relay and wire nut together the line and loads. That will get your pump running 24/7.

Disconnect all power from the panel before touching any wires.

If you are comfortable doing electrical work you can open up the panel and remove the wires from the filter pump relay and wire nut together the line and loads. That will get your pump running 24/7.

Disconnect all power from the panel before touching any wires.
Thank you. I'll take a look and if it looks daunting I'll ask an electrician friend.

I assume I could also go the generator route for a few cycles.

Thank you. I'll take a look and if it looks daunting I'll ask an electrician friend.

I assume I could also go the generator route for a few cycles.
I don’t know how you go the generator route without rewiring your pump.

Does your pump plug into an outlet or is it hard wired to the ProLogic?

I don’t know how you go the generator route without rewiring your pump.

Does your pump plug into an outlet or is it hard wired to the ProLogic?
The pump does have a plug, that goes into an outlet that is controlled by a switch. The switch has power when the relay is functional. But I tried the generator route earlier and I was incorrect about the plug so this is not an option. I'll try bypassing the relay tomorrow.

We are getting a communication error on our Hayward Prologic Aqua Plus System causing nothing to work (Pump, salt system etc. ). I followed the troubleshooting video with a multimeter and the I believe the transformer is bad. It's under warranty and a tech is coming next Friday. In the meantime how do I keep my pool clean? Can I bypass the Prologic system to make my pump work and if so, how?

Another option is that I have a portable generator with correct plug and ratings. Can I plug the pump right into that to run the pump for a few hours and not hurt the rest of the system?
Which pump do you have? If a Hayward VSP, it should have continuous power now and all you have to do is get into the menu and get back into "stand alone" mode. It is step 11 in the article referenced. You may have to do some programming of times and speeds if none were ever entered. When it is again placed in "remote" mode those programs won't have any affect and don't have to be changed back.

Which pump do you have? If a Hayward VSP, it should have continuous power now and all you have to do is get into the menu and get back into "stand alone" mode. It is step 11 in the article referenced. You may have to do some programming of times and speeds if none were ever entered. When it is again placed in "remote" mode those programs won't have any affect and don't have to be changed back.
I do not have a VSP. I was able to bypass the relay and get the pump working but the panel is still locked due to the communication error.

Attachments

• IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.