Bye-Bye Liquidator... Hello Stenner!... Maybe. (This time with info in my sig, doh!)

Got my Stenner and the 15 Gal UV tank.

Question:
The diagram shows a spot in the tank for the spill recovery tube... yet there isn't a spot on the tank. How did you folks handle that? Did you put a hole in the tank? Would there need to be a grommet of some kind?

Thanks,
Pete

Got my Stenner and the 15 Gal UV tank.

Question:
The diagram shows a spot in the tank for the spill recovery tube... yet there isn't a spot on the tank. How did you folks handle that? Did you put a hole in the tank? Would there need to be a grommet of some kind?

Thanks,
Pete

The tube is 1/4" OD. I just drilled at 7/32" 1/4" hole in the top and forced the 1/4" tube into in. It's tight enough to prevent water from leaking in. If I had a grommet I would have used it but with the tube as tight as it is, don't believe one is necessary. Believe it is suppose to be configured like the pickup side but for some reason, they are pre-drilling and putting a grommet in.

Gary

The tube is 1/4" OD. I just drilled at 7/32" hole in the top and forced the 1/4" tube into in. It's tight enough to prevent water from leaking in. If I had a grommet I would have used it but with the tube as tight as it is, don't believe one is necessary. Believe it is suppose to be configured like the pickup side but for some reason, they are pre-drilling and putting a grommet in.

Gary

Got it. So that's what I'll do. I wasn't sure if it had to be vacuum tight or anything like that...

Cool. Looks like I know what's doin' this weekend. LOL.

FixItPete: Good luck this weekend. Regarding the hole size - I've rechecked and I actually used a 1/4" bit not a 7/32". Of course you would have found out when it was exceedingly difficult to force the tube in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.