Buying a Polaris online?

Auburn02

Oct 8, 2019
Mobile, AL
My siblings and I are in talks about a group gift for dad, and I suggested a replacement Polaris 280. I swear he's been patching his together with scraps for 20 years, and as much as I hate to take away his hobby I think he'd appreciate a fresh start. We actually just replaced his booster pump a couple of months ago (and he's a creature of habit), so I'm not looking to try and sell him on a robot at this stage in the game.

Anyway, suggestions for where to buy it? I can google and find a host of sites, but I don't know from a search results which ones are trustworthy, are good to deal with in the event of needing to return or having a service issue, etc. I know Marina gets great reviews for robots but they don't appear to sell Polaris. I found it on Amazon being sold by "In the Swim Pool Supplies" as well as "Backyard Pool Superstore" - or just order from Leslie's so that a return could be done in person if needed. Would like to use Doheny's since that's where I ordered the pump and was happy with them, but they're 10% higher than all the others mentioned. Heck, Inyo Pools gets a great rep here but they're $130 more than the others. Figured I'd ask around here in case I'm missing some other good source.

The only pressure cleaner I would buy today is the Polaris Quattro Sport. It is way better then the 280 and you can get a $150 rebate on it...

If that doesn't work for you then get a Dolphin robot cleaner.

I appreciate the enthusiasm here for not getting another same old Polaris (hence the reason I went for a Dolphin on my own build), but my 77 year old father has been pleased with his for 35 years since he had the house and pool built. I'm not trying to convert him at this point in the game. He still uses chlorine tabs too, the savage. :oops:

I think Leslie's is the easy choice here.

I would second the purchase of Quattro Sport. It is still a pressure side cleaner, but provides features of a robot such as water tile scrubbing. It is more expensive but would provide your dad a new challenge to fiddle with yet use the existing booster pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.