LifeTime Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
Denver, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New bullfrog A8. Temp drops about 1 degree every 30 min. Ambient 50-60 degrees. Tried set at 102 for wife and I (drops to 99 then we get out. Set for 99 for the kiddo and it’s 97 within an hour.

With the cover on it eventually gets back to set temp. Am I expecting too much for the hot tub to stay at temp for more than 30m?

Unless it's configurable for 120V operation I'm seeing people using their hot tubs in the dead of winter and maintaining temperature. Sounds like the heater's inop with the therapy pumps running?
The reseller has been marginal at best, going to call bullfrog next. Heater is pulling amps with the pumps running and shows that its heating ... but I suspect there is something awry.

I am going to ask the obvious here.

What is your timer set to?

BF has schedules built in, they come from the factory pre-set to Saver Mode where they only hold time in the weekday evenings and on weekends. Outside that range they will drift down to 20 degrees below the set point to save energy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.