Bulge in liner right on upright

Hey all, I am on year three of an oval AB pool installed by Pool and Spa Depot. Yesterday I noticed a vertical bulge in the liner, running up and down an upright that is right next to the return and skimmer. I have no idea if it has always been there or if it showed up over the winter. I called them and they said it is completely normal and part of the design. Has anyone ever seen this on their AB pool before?

Here is a pic and a short video to show the bulge location in relation to the skimmer and upright (the bulge is directly on the upright). Any advice would be most appreciated.

Can you get under the deck to inspect the wall/leg ? It looks structural from the video where you touched it and it didn't move like it would if it was an air/water pocket.

Also. That water. Bravo. (y)

On AG pools there is a seam that I believe is close to the skimmer/return where the pool gets bolted together. In most cases the bolt heads are on the liner side and the nuts are on the outside. So far 2 for 2 on my AG pools they hid the outside nuts under the upright. If that's the case with your pool you won't be able to see that area.

Reactions: durtynacho
On AG pools there is a seam that I believe is close to the skimmer/return where the pool gets bolted together. In most cases the bolt heads are on the liner side and the nuts are on the outside. So far 2 for 2 on my AG pools they hid the outside nuts under the upright. If that's the case with your pool you won't be able to see that area.

So it is normal for there to be a bulge with smooth bolt heads on the liner side? The bulge does appear to be smooth, so I take it the bolt heads are protruding out and that is what I feel.

So it is normal for there to be a bulge with smooth bolt heads on the liner side? The bulge does appear to be smooth, so I take it the bolt heads are protruding out and that is what I feel.
Yes. After the wall is bolted together, typically a strip or two of duct tape is run over the bolt heads on the inside before installing the liner. It's 100% normal to be able to see and feel the bolt heads, but the tape ensures no sharp edges will damage the liner. If you can feel the bolt heads, they're an inch or so apart all the way down.

Reactions: durtynacho
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.