Building or replastering in the City of Katy, Texas? Bad news.

BowserB

Silver Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
"Old" Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Wow! The City of Katy, Texas (just west of Houston) is under Severe water conservation rules, with fines, threats of water cut off, and even a "report your neighbor" email address. Landscape watering is two days a week with your days based on last digit of your address, and with limited hours--midnight to 8am and 8pm to midnight. I can't find that it's a violation if you on your watering day water from say 12:01am to 1:30am and AGAIN from 10:30pm to 11.59pm, which would be like two days in a row (but you didn't read that here.)

And potentially worse, there is a ban on filling a new pool or drain and refill of an existing pool! Fine for watering off your scheduled day is $100-$2,000, but only after first a written warning. Filling a pool doesn't have a specified fine, so if your pool is under construction, be careful with your landscape watering...so that the first notice comes for filling a new pool.

Note. I've received no written notice of the mandatory restriction. My wife heard it on a local TV news broadcast, but it is a station that I never watch. It's also on the city of Katy home page, but I never look there either. There is nothing about the restrictions on the page where you pay your water bill. Not much comfort if they turn my water off. Just in case, though, I'm shopping for a 5,000 gallon water storage tank. I'll deal with the HOA if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HermanTX
It's definitely a dry summer.

We have watering restrictions as well, but for now it's pretty much just "any outdoor watering can ONLY be on the specified two sprinkler days per week" and you can only water after the sun sets to reduce evaporation. No rain in the forecast that I can see. It sucks, our soils are getting wrecked and the house is resettling and starting to create some fine cracks in a couple of the walls. And this is AFTER the foundation was put on piers. I can't imagine how many people are having crazy bad foundation problems in the DFW area right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.