Building new pool down south

Welcome to TFP!

Now that you've gotten some feedback on your initial question, I have a comment/question for you. You mention lap swimming and also a pool length of 25'. Now that's good for my kind of swimming...but that's probably not long enough for most people. Are you considering having a swim current system installed? There have been several on here recently.

I agree with TXNOLE, we were swimming this weekend with temps at 90 degrees from solar. :D
Florida here. HOA board here. Solar here. Long story short, state law in Florida forbids any HOA from preventing solar (both pool solar heating and PV). Your HOA must permit it.

I don't agree about solar being ineffective in "off-season" for Sarasota, which is zone 10. Provided you have a cover overnight, solar could easily maintain temps year-round and provide cooling, if needed.

OP - I would at least have a solar dealer give a bid. You might be surprised.

Welcome to TFP!

Now that you've gotten some feedback on your initial question, I have a comment/question for you. You mention lap swimming and also a pool length of 25'. Now that's good for my kind of swimming...but that's probably not long enough for most people. Are you considering having a swim current system installed? There have been several on here recently.

Yes. We will be using the Riverflow Pump System.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.