Bubbly and Weak Return Jet

The Undertakers

Jun 9, 2023
NY
Return jet is very weak and blowing bubbles. I cleaned the skimmer, the pump skimmer and the cartridge filter but nothing changed.

Previous years the return jet would get like the video when filter was dirty but cleaning it would bring a strong return flow. This year that wasnt the case.

FYI: PSI doesnt function as its stuck at 0.

Any ideas? How to fix? It's 1 return and 1 skimmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP
First - purchase a new pressure gauge. It is important to monitor your filter pressure.
Is your pump basket full of water or is there lots of bubbles or only have full when the pump is running?
Do you have flexible PVC or plumbing or is it hard pipe PVC?
Was the pool closed during the winter and were all the plugs removed upon opening?
Post a photo of your equipment pad. Thanks.

Welcome to TFP
First - purchase a new pressure gauge. It is important to monitor your filter pressure.
Is your pump basket full of water or is there lots of bubbles or only have full when the pump is running?
Do you have flexible PVC or plumbing or is it hard pipe PVC?
Was the pool closed during the winter and were all the plugs removed upon opening?
Post a photo of your equipment pad. Thanks.

Actually buying a new filter (W3C9002) installing next week.

Pump only fills halfway with water. Not sure what kind of PVC but am providing a picture.

Pool was closed in winter but opened by my pool company. How would I know if all plugs were removed?

Attachments

• IMG_5456.jpeg
    IMG_5456.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5406.jpeg
    IMG_5406.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.