Bubbles on output

May 24, 2012
Ottawa
My pump pot is completely full of water no viable bubbles at all. I have three return jets and they are all pushing a little bit of air. One more than the other two. It’s definitely air and not SWG bubbles.
Is it possible that I have a suction side leak even though my pump pot is totally full? Good suction and good output pressure...but def some air coming out.

All of my equipment is about 8-9 years old now.

One more than the other two. It’s definitely air and not SWG bubbles.
Is it possible that I have a suction side leak even though my pump pot is totally full?
Anything is possible, but how are you sure it's not your SWG? Do you see the bubbles even if the SWG is off or set to zero?

By the way, my return jets are plumbed in series, so the first two jets always show more SWG bubbles than the others.

Reactions: HermanTX
you shouldn’t be able to hear the SWG imho….. Hydrogen Bubbles as a byproduct of the chlorine generation are a) small and b dribble out of returns as opposed to a rush of air bubbles…

Is it possible that I have a suction side leak even though my pump pot is totally full?
Air in the pump basket would be the first sign of a suction side leak. Have you bled air from top of your filter? Your filter may only be half full of water and it is pushing air out the system.

I would check for possible cracks in the area of the multiport valve where the pressure gauge screws in. I'd also take a look at your o-rings (and add lube as needed) on all of your drain plugs. Hope this helps. (y)

Try shaving cream on the joints and valves and see if any gets sucked in or you see white/foam in the pump or out of returns.

this morning I’m noticing some drops coming off the connection where the water enters the heater, also some dripping at one of the diverter valves that controls the on/off of the waterfall. I suppose those are likely culprits?

Those are on the pressure side of the system. Air enters on the suction side, or hydrogen gas from a SWCG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.