bkruz

Apr 25, 2018
Summerland Key, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Never seen this much air in any pool I've owned, but also never had a VSP. Pool builder says it's normal. I can remove air from system by running at high speed. Any thoughts on whether there's an issue or not would be appreciated.

Small new pool (5000 gallons), skimmer, main drain, vac line, 3 returns.
Equipment elevated 3 ft.
2.7 HP variable speed hayward tristar
25K Hayward omni salt cell
120BTU heater chiller

Attachments

• IMG_2209.jpeg
    IMG_2209.jpeg
    691.6 KB · Views: 11
Pool builder says it's normal.
That is often teh case with VSPs. Double check to make sure the pump lid O-ring is well lubed, but otherwise it is quite common. A daily purge is typically scheduled to purge the air.

Reactions: bkruz
Air in the pump basket at low speeds is normal, especially with TriStar pumps.

That is often teh case with VSPs. Double check to make sure the pump lid O-ring is well lubed, but otherwise it is quite common. A daily purge is typically sc

That is often teh case with VSPs. Double check to make sure the pump lid O-ring is well lubed, but otherwise it is quite common. A daily purge is typically scheduled to purge the air.
I've been lubing both o-rings well at filter cleaning. Is the daily purge something I should schedule or will it happen automatically?

What is the daily speed schedule for your pump?

You say you can remove air from the system by running at high speed. For how long?

Do you have the air bubble when the pump starts the 8 hour run?

Is the air affecting anything in your pool operation? If not, I would not worry about it.

Or you can program the pump to run at high speed sometime during the 8 hours to clear the air.

You say you can remove air from the system by running at high speed. For how long?

Do you have the air bubble when the pump starts the 8 hour run?

Is the air affecting anything in your pool operation? If not, I would not worry about it.

Or you can program the pump to run at high speed sometime during the 8 hours to clear the air.
I’m able to clear the air in five minutes or less running at my programmed high speed, which is actually 80%. When the pump starts and goes through priming, it purge is all air. The air is not affecting anything in the pool operation. I don’t even see bubbles in the pool unless I cover one of the returns and let go. Even that can only be produced once or twice.

My pool builder actually did a pressure test on all of the equipment by closing all of the valves to the pool and pressurizing to 35 psi. No leaks.

Reactions: Texas Splash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One thing I forgot to mention: if I run on high & close either the skimmer or main I get bubbles & if at 100% cavitation. I assume this is due to too much suction on one line.
So don’t do that.

Your pump needs more water at high speed and needs feeds from all the lines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.