Centerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey guys! This is a first for me and I’m not real confident I know what to do to fix it. I had a lot of people over on Sunday and almost all of them had on sunscreen were talking 15 to 20 people — since then, I have bubbles around the water features. My numbers look good. I’m assuming it’s all the sunscreen but I’m not sure what to do about it. This can only be seen when I have my water features on. Here are my current numbers and my water is perfectly clear other than the bubbles. I have not added anything other than muriatic acid last week and floating tabs (I had some leftover and my cya is borderline low)

I’m not sure if my signature is updated but I am SWG for about 6 months.

Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_8654.jpeg
    IMG_8654.jpeg
    624 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8675.jpeg
    IMG_8675.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 18
Bump your FC to 20% of CYA using liquid chlorine and see what effect that has. Put a couple tennis balls in the skimmer to capture the oils.

• Love
Reactions: Sunbaby
Bump your FC to 20% of CYA using liquid chlorine and see what effect that has. Put a couple tennis balls in the skimmer to capture the oils.
Soooooo :unsure: I’m feeling extra needy lol I’m not sure I understand how to calculate what I should pull my FC up to. My cya is 60 so I move my FC to 12?

Yes. 1.5 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine will get you close to 12ppm. And I suggest you then keep your FC at 5 or 6 ppm. 3 ppm is really on the edge of too low.

• Love
Yes. 1.5 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine will get you close to 12ppm. And I suggest you then keep your FC at 5 or 6 ppm. 3 ppm is really on the edge of too low.
Thank you! It normally is 5ish but I guess all the oils burned it off a lot! Adding bleach now. Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: mknauss
With swim season in full swing, it would be better to keep your FC near the upper end of target range. Better to have a bit more chlorine in the water than take a chance of falling below minimum for even a short time.

Next time you have a pool party, bump the FC level up a little right before the party and then again right after the party.

• Love
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.