Bronze Supporter
Jun 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Until now I have been using a standard wall brush to clean the bottom on my plaster pool. The wall brush has seen a useful life and now needs to be replaced.

If there a specific type of brush recommended for cleaning the pool floor or is a standard wall brush sufficient?

Thank you.

Standard polyester bristle pool brush is what you need for all pool surfaces.

Until now I have been using a standard wall brush to clean the bottom on my plaster pool. The wall brush has seen a useful life and now needs to be replaced.

If there a specific type of brush recommended for cleaning the pool floor or is a standard wall brush sufficient?

Thank you.
How long would you like it to last? I've been using this one, the same one, for over 10 years.

Reactions: PoolStored
How long would you like it to last? I've been using this one, the same one, for over 10 years.
I will bet you don’t leave your pool brush sitting outside in the sun.

It is the suns UV that beaks down the polyester in the bristles and destroys a pool brush. Keep the brush indoors and it lasts much longer.

I will bet you don’t leave your pool brush sitting outside in the sun.

It is the suns UV that beaks down the polyester in the bristles and destroys a pool brush. Keep the brush indoors and it lasts much longer.
Nope, that's my personal brush as I haven't done "service" for many years, only installations and repairs. Been sitting on a pole on a bracket on a fence in full sun all day for about a decade or more. Cost a bunch, yes. But haven't had to replace it or seen a single bristle fall out. The bristles aren't the normal polyester but an almost carbon-fiber like material. Learned the hard way not to buy cheap tools.

Nope, that's my personal brush as I haven't done "service" for many years, only installations and repairs. Been sitting on a pole on a bracket on a fence in full sun all day for about a decade or more. Cost a bunch, yes. But haven't had to replace it or seen a single bristle fall out. The bristles aren't the normal polyester but an almost carbon-fiber like material. Learned the hard way not to buy cheap tools.

That may be my next brush. Thanks for showing it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.